Back to School with a BLAST!!
Best First | Welcome
Kit | Happy
Day | Hello | School
Helpers | My
Here is a "Welcome Kit" that will win the hearts of children
• cotton ball
Place the items listed above in a gift sack or zip bag along with the
"Welcome to your new classroom. Each item in this
bag has a special meaning for you!"
• The cotton ball is to remind you that this room
is full of kind words and warm feelings.
• The chocolate kiss is to remind you that I care
• The sticker is to remind you that we will all
need to stick together and help each other.
• The rubber band is to remind you to hug someone.
• The penny is to remind you that you are valuable
• The tissue is to remind you to help dry someone's
• The star is to remind you to shine and always
try your best.
• The toothpick is to remind you to "pick out" the
good qualities in your classmates and yourself!
• The bandage is to remind you to heal hurt feelings
in your friends and yourself.
• The gold thread is to remind you that friendship
ties our hearts together.
• The eraser is to remind you that everyone makes
mistakes, and that is okay.
• The Life Saver is to remind you that you can
come to me if you need someone to help you.
Put the note below in an envelope with a cotton ball and send it to the parents
first day of school. Here is a note for the parents, too.
Thank you for entrusting your child to me. I promise to do my best every
day to be your child's companion in learning.
Sit down, relax, and hold this cotton ball in your hand. The softness
will help you to recall the gentle spirit of your child. I will
year to help your child grow.