Reading First - Reading FUN!
In this workshop Dr. Jean will demonstrate how to take research-based practices
and apply them in your classroom to help children learn to read and LOVE to read!
You'll learn creative strategies, games, and "tricks" that will get ALL
excited about reading. Highlights will include:
• practical applications from the reading research
• activities to develop phonemic awareness
• music and movement to enhance phonics
• multi-sensory materials
• games to increase word fluency
• ideas for literacy centers
• books children will want to make and read