Building Parent Partnerships
News | Backpacks | Volunteers | I
was once. . . | Homework | Parent
Conferences | Scrapbook
Parent Conferences - Oh, no! Conference time is just around the corner.
questionnaire below to help parents share information about their child
and to guide the conference. Send home the questionnaire several days before
(If parents show up without it, simply smile and say, "I'll
give you a few minutes to fill out this form before we get started." )
Other helpful hints for conferences:
• Sit beside the parent at a table, rather
than behind a desk.
• Keep the conversation focused on the child.
• Have samples of the child's work to share with the parents. Focus on
total child, including intellectual,
physical, social, and emotional development.
• Discuss goals and future plans. Try to give the parents specific ideas
they can help their child at
• If there is a problem, brainstorm solutions and develop a plan for action.
• End the conference on a positive note by reassuring the parents and thanking
them for their support.
• Follow-up with the parents after the conference.
Hint! If a parent does not speak English,
be sure and provide an interpreter.
Click here for a printable copy of the parent questionnaire.
here for Next Page
Choose a Page Below for More Parent Partnership Activities