Materials: lunch sack, stapler
1. Tear down from the sides of the sack until you reach the bottom flap.
2. Tear off the two sides. Open the lunch sack.
3. Staple ends of the middle strip to create a handle for the basket.
1. Use baskets for nature walks, a popcorn party, a May basket, as a mailbox, etc.
2. Hide magnetic letters around the classroom. Let children "hunt" for the letters and put them in their baskets. Can they make any words with the letters they find?
Materials: lunch sack, markers, string, tissue paper, glue
1. Color designs on the lunch sack.
2. Cut a 1 1/2" circle from the bottom of the sack.
3. Glue tissue paper streamers to the bottom of the sack.
4. Punch holes in the side of the sack and attach a string as shown.