Materials: lunch sack
1. Open the sack.
2. Slowly roll out and down.
3. As you squish towards the bottom it will resemble a nest.
1. Let children glue strips of yarn, string, or other collage materials to their nests.
2. Take a nature walk and collect leaves and straw to glue to the nest.
3. Let children make birds from construction paper for their nests.
Materials: lunch sack, construction paper, markers, newspaper, glue, stapler
1. Let children decorate the bottom of the sack to look like a house.
2. Tear up a sheet of newspaper and stuff in the sack. Fold over the top of the sack and staple on a roof made out of construction paper.
1. Turn a sack upside down and let children make a building on it.
2. Take a second sack and stuff with newspaper. Insert the first sack over the second sack to make a stand-up building. Use these houses and buildings for props in the block center.