Materials: large, soft ball
1. Draw a large circle on the playground with a stick and have all the children stand in the circle.
2. Choose two children two stand outside the circle and roll the ball at the children in the circle.
3. The children try to "dodge" the ball as it is thrown, but they must leave the game if they are hit with the ball.
4. The game proceeds until there are two children left in the circle. They become the ball throwers for the next game.
After they are hit three times, they are out of the game.
1. The children form a circle and hold hands. One child stands in the center and is the "mouse." Another child stands outside the circle and is the "cat."
2. On a given signal, the "cat" must chase the "mouse." They can enter or leave the circle only if the other players hold up their hands and form an arch.
3. When the "cat" catches the "mouse," let them choose classmates to take their places.
* Change the characters for different seasons. You could have the farmer chase the turkey, the witch chase the bat, etc.
1. Designate a playing area. One child is "it." "It" chases other children who must "freeze" when they are tagged.
2. Players hug those who are "frozen" to "unfreeze" them